Dixon County Historical Society Museum
With exhibits representing the lives of Dixon County residents from 1856 through today, the Dixon County Historical Society Museum is a fascinating look back at the history of Dixon County. Located in Allen, the Museum features items from the schools, churches, homes and farms of former county residents:
- Photographs, furniture, military uniforms and much more in the two-story Main Building
- A complete one-room school house, relocated from Logan Valley School District 77
- Farm implements spanning several decades and a wooden school bus in the Machinery Building
- Expanding soon into a new building with exhibits on geneology and trains of Nebraska
The Musuem is open Sunday afternoons from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm, June, July and August, or by appointment.
- Gloria Oberg, 402-287-2885 or
- Faith Kiel, 402-635-2380
The Dixon County Historical Society meets the third Tuesday of every month at 1:30 p.m. Meetings are open to the public. You are invited to join the Dixon County Historical Society - annual membership is only $5.00.
Dixon County Historical Society
P.O Box 95
Allen, NE 68710